How to wash Maheshwari silk suits and sarees?
Maheshwari Silk by Cotton Sarees and Suits - Washcare
1. Always dry clean for the first wash. For subsequent washes, if dry cleaning is not possible, gently hand wash in cold water with soapnut or silk-suitable detergent.
2. Always air dry the saree in shade. Never wring the sari or use it in the washing machine or dryer. Never rub the sari vigorously.
3. Do not store silk without dry cleaning.
4. Expose the silk fabrics periodically to natural atmosphere.
5. Use silica gel sachet or moisture absorbents in your cupboard which you use for storing silk fabrics for longer life.
6. Iron in medium heat only.